Wonders Of Brazil
Explore the wonders of Brazil
From the cobblestoned streets of colonial Paraty to remote interior wilderness, uncover the wonders of Brazil in two exciting weeks. Experience Iguassu Falls — a series of falls so massive it straddles two countries and so intriguing you’ll need two days to fully appreciate the view. Not to be outdone, the Pantanal wetlands are teeming with wildlife like caiman, jaguar, and exotic birds. Finally, trade early morning songbirds for some samba in Rio and the rhythm of the beach. This adventure provides natural and cultural highlights and the best Brazil has to offer.
Start: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Finish: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Destination: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Physical Rating: 2/5
Ages: Min 12+
Group size: Avg 10, Max 16
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS ADVENTURE?
- Wander the cobblestoned streets of colonial Paraty
- Tour micro-enterprises in a Rio favela
- Marvel at the thundering Iguassu Falls
- Encounter wildlife and sleep in hammocks in the Brazilian Pantanal
- Sip caipirinhas on the beach
Day 1: Rio de Janeiro
Day 2: Rio de Janeiro
In the morning, explore the favela with a local resident on a G Adventures-supported tour to watch a drumming demonstration, get a Capoeira lesson, and sample craft beers with a new perspective of the city. Enjoy a free afternoon to discover all that Rio has to offer.
Your G for Good Moment Favela Experience
Day 3: Rio de Janeiro/Ilha Grande
Take a bus and ferry to Ilha Grande. Enjoy free time to explore this picturesque, laid-back island, opt to go on a hike to a nearby swimming hole or explore the many beaches.
Day 4: Ilha Grande
Ilha Grande is a car-free island surrounded by beautiful nature. Opt to go for a hike, swim, or sit at one of the beach bars.
Day 5: Ilha Grande/Paraty
Day 6: Paraty
Day 7: Paraty
Continue to enjoy the slow pace of Paraty, a colonial town with fantastic architecture, or opt to take a day trip to Trindade to surf and relax on the beach.
Day 8: Paraty/Iguaçu Falls
Take a flight to the famous Iguassu Falls. Skip the 19 hour journey by land and hop a flight to Iguassu from São Paulo.
Visit the Brazilian side of the falls to get the best panoramic view.
Day 9: Iguaçu Falls
Day 10: Iguaçu Falls/Bonito
Day 11: Bonito
Day 12: Bonito/Pantanal
- Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
Day 13: Pantanal
- Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
Day 14: Pantanal/Rio de Janeiro
Day 15: Rio de Janeiro
11 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
Public Bus, Van, Plane.
Hotels (12 nights), Tented room with hammocks in the Pantanal (2 nights, multi-share)
- Your G for Good Moment: Favela Experience, Rio de Janeiro
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Ilha Grande
- Your Discover Moment: Paraty
- Your Discover Moment: Bonito
- Iguassu Falls visit (Brazil & Argentina)
- Pantanal wildlife excursion (2 days)
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities